Monday, February 13, 2012

Lately...

One thing I absolutely LOVE about Layton...they have walking, biking, running paths all over the place!  Last Friday TJ and I took advantage of the one near our place and did some longboarding.  Who would've thought that on February 10 it would be snow free and warm enough to enjoy?  It was so much fun to get outside and get some fresh air, and now that the days are getting longer we can actually be outside before it gets dark.  December and January are always grim for me as a teacher, go to work when it's dark and go home when it's dark.  February is looking up for sure!

Valentine's Day is tomorrow, not much of a celebration in these parts, but as long as I get to spend some time with my valentine, it will be perfect!  TJ's birthday is coming up next week too, so February is always a fun month for me!

On a totally different note, I've really been missing some friends from home lately.  I got an unfortunate phone call from one of the best friends I could ever ask for last night, and it's been hard to get the conversation off of my mind.  She's an incredible person in every way and I wish there was something more I could do for her.  In my opinion the best kinds of friends are the ones you can call after months of not talking to each other and pick up exactly where you left off.  She fits into that category, probably better than anyone else I know.  

I guess it was about time to be reminded not to take anything for granted.

No comments:

Post a Comment