Tuesday, March 27, 2012

And then it happened...

Who would've thought merely three days after my last post, I'd be engaged?  It's been over a month and I still can't believe it.  I guess I should start back to the beginning...

To tell the truth, the week started out pretty crummy.  I found out on Sunday night that one of my best friends in high school's dad passed away.  I was feeling really bummed about the whole situation and luckily TJ was there to comfort me.  When I asked him if he'd go to the funeral with me, which was the upcoming Saturday, he said "Yes" as long as I would go snowmobiling with him after.  I figured, ok that sounds fun anyways.

Tuesday was Valentine's Day so naturally TJ and I celebrated by going to Taco Time.  Neither one of us are huge fans of the holiday, so we always celebrate by just being together.  

On Friday we packed up our stuff and headed to Logan.  My parents were in the process of remodeling their new house, so we spent Friday afternoon and evening at Home Depot and Lowe's picking out tiles and appliances and paint.  TJ was acting kinda weird, but when I asked him if everything was ok he said it was.  I knew there was something up!

On Saturday TJ woke up early and headed to his parent's shop to work on the snowmobile, he wasn't even sure it would run, but he really wanted to go for a ride.  I got ready for the funeral, picked up TJ and we went.  It was such a pretty, sunny day.  After the funeral was over the wind had picked up and the clouds were coming pretty quickly so we hurried and changed to take a ride.

We went up to Providence Canyon and got on the snowmobile.  As we were riding I was freezing cold and I kept thinking about all the fun stuff we had done in the canyon.  We got up to the rock quarry and TJ let me drive for a minute and then we stopped because the snowmobile was almost smoking.  As we were sitting there a guy and girl on a snowmobile showed up and started talking to us.  They hung out for about 15 minutes and the wind was getting stronger and it started snowing.  They finally left and I asked TJ if we could go back because I was getting cold.  He wasn't quite ready yet though and asked me if I remembered July 20, 2008.  I got a ridiculously huge smile on my face and said "Yes!"  And something along the lines of, "Is this really happening right now?"  He told me he wanted to take me back to the place he told me he loved me for the first time to ask me to marry him.  Pretty damn sweet!  I of course said, "YES!"  I couldn't stop smiling, and I still can't.  

I am so lucky to be marrying my best friend, and so lucky that he knows me so well to pick such a special place for both of us to officially start a new chapter of our lives together.  I couldn't ask for anyone better, I truly am the luckiest girl in the world! 

1 comment:

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete